Harm Reduction International, the Institute for Criminal Justice Reform (ICJR) and LBH Masyarakat (LBHM) welcome the opportunity of reporting to the Human Rights Committee ahead of its adoption of the List of Issues Prior to Reporting for the review of Indonesia, at its 129th Session.
This submission will assess the performance of Indonesia regarding its obligations under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR), with a specific focus on the country’s drug polic. Regarding:
- The imposition of the death penalty for drug offences (Art. 6, 7, 14, 26);
- Extrajudicial killings in the context of anti-drug operations and lack of accountability (Art. 2, 6, 7);
- Torture and ill-treatment in drug-related cases (Art. 7, 14);
- Disproportionate punishment for drug offences, and conditions of detention in prison (Art. 7, 9, 10, 14);
- Compulsory drug detention and treatment (Art. 7, 9, 10); and
- Ill-treatment in private drug detention centres and lack of monitoring (Art. 2, 7, 9, 10).
Please check the full version report in here